Global Pitch Competition
TiE Women is dedicated to embrace, engage and empower women entrepreneurs across the globe. The program is aligned with TiE’s pillars focused on fostering entrepreneurship. The sector-agnostic program is aimed at women-led startups, irrespective of the size of their enterprise, origin, standing or background.
Pitch Competition 2022
Opportunity to win $100,000 prize money for the Global Pitch Competition winner in Dubai (Oct 2022)
- Chapters to confirm participation by February 15. Appoint a Chapter lead.
- Organize an event to launch TiE Women (optional)
- Invite applications for the local pitch competition via centralised form. Application deadline May 31, 2022
- Select 8-10 finalists to pitch to a panel of judges - independent of TiE
- Organise local pitch competition before July 31, 2022
- Connect chapter finalists and runners-up with mentors
- Train chapter winners to present to an audience, composed of investors, VCs, accelerators, etc.
- Bootcamps and mentoring sessions facilitated at local level and at a global level by TiE Women (Aug-Sep)
- Attractive cash prizes, access to funding, sponsor prizes and more at Global Finale at NorthStar in Dubai (Oct 2022).
Rules and Regulations
- A female founder or a co-founder in a startup can apply for the pitch competition. We are not accepting applications from idea-stage ventures; only early and lates stage startups.
- Less than 3 years
- May have received its initial, or seed funding
- Company has an MVP
- Less than 7 years
- The product or service is commercially available
- Registered sales
- Companies in business for less than 7 years only (date of registration of company not earlier than Jan 1, 2015).
- The startup should be registered in the state. In case the Chapter in the registered state is not participating then the startup can participate in the nearest city by geographic proximity. Ask for residential proof of address. Utility bill.
- Application Form – One startup can only apply to one Chapter worldwide. To ensure this, TiE Women has mandated a centralized form this year.
- Women-led or Women co-owned startups only. The co-founder (male or female) can travel to Dubai at their own expense. They can pitch together if it’s the case in the Video intake at the time of application. (Minimum stake 33%)
- We encourage registered companies to apply, not mandatory for pitch competition but essential to be potentially investible
- Membership – Top finalists have to be members of the TiE local chapter, before they travel for the finals.
- Judges independent of TiE, inclusive of angel investors or VCs. Screening committee for entries should comprise of CMs, Board Members, preferably angel investors.